Search This Blog

Saturday, December 20, 2008

SC to Seattle...

Friday was pretty much a full day traveling back to Seattle.

I was up at 3am, our flight from Greenville was supposed to leave at 5:50am, but when we got to the airport... it had been delayed to 12:30pm. Which goofed up the entire rest of the connections.

So after waiting in really long lines with people that had been stranded over night... we began making changes to our reservations in an attempt not to get stuck in the mid-west for Christmas.

It was a very long tedious process, but finally we found a way out and connections that might get us back to Seattle in one day.... but it meant we would have to drive to Charolette NC to catch the first flight.
Luckily Mom's 1st cousin, Wilma came to give us hugs, and see us off at the airport... and was willing to drive us to Charolette! It is about 1 1/2 hours from Greenville.
We made in time, and it took almost the entire 2 hours to get through the lines and security because someone thought we would be good candidates for "special searching"... which means they pat you down and go through everything in your bags thoroughly and completely!
Not a big deal, just slows you down a little.
The decorations in the airports were beautiful!

I loved the trees in Seattle and they even had a snow machine dropping snow down on them continuously... it was a beautiful awesome sight! Even though we were excited and running to meet my sister outside... I had to stop and take a picture even though it doesn't really do it justice.

After I arrived at my parents, I got an update from my Dad on all the current weather conditions and storms coming through... and it looked like a doosey was going to hit on Saturday and Sunday on the mountain passes. So my strong silent mysterious man packed up the car and the dogs and the teenager, and decided to drive at night, and instead of leaving in the morning... in hopes to get through before these storms that we being predicted.

Needless to say, with my entire life packed up in a car driving over two snow covered mountain passes... I did not sleep very well. I finally called them at 5am this morning and it was a great relief to hear their voices and know they were safe and in Yakima... just one more pass to get through and they could do that one in the daylight... much easier.

I can't wait until they get here... I am so excited!!

1 comment:

patsy said...

Traveling in winter--- oh boy!

Brett was supposed to be in Portland this week- luckily he canceled the trip due to all the bad weather they've had.

Your photos of the airports are so pretty!! the falling snow is the seattle airport- WOW. I would love to see that.

I'm glad you got to go on this fun trip.

aunt wilma- that is so cute.

Related Posts with Thumbnails