Search This Blog

Thursday, December 18, 2008

On the home front...

I am not sure what is happening with my teenager at home... the boys both tell me all is well... but I can only get maybe 3 words out of the teenager when I call. "Yep, Fine and Good"!
The other day I asked him if he missed me, or if it was just easier without me?
He was silent. I told him he could tell me the truth... he finally admitted it was easier, that he was only in half the trouble he got in when I was home.
That will teach me!
Yesterday, with only 2 days left of school, I figured it was safe to ask how school was going and I got one of the canned words, and then he had to go... he was working on his homework! What? Homework, he never does homework... and on the 2nd to the last day of school before break? Red flag, red flag, red flag!!! Or maybe he just didn't want to talk to me... I am getting a complex, I think I will quit calling him :(
So I get all my information from my strong silent mysterious man... which starts with all the room he still DOESN'T have in the bed. Apparently the dogs have taken over my half comfortably... and then some.
And he informs me that I missed a milestone with the teenager... he can now jump and touch the rim on the basketball court! He was thrilled with that.
Now, you would think at 6'2'" he would have been doing that a long time ago, but my man informs me that just because you are tall, doesn't mean you can jump! Too funny, the kid always did have lead in his feet.
So everything seems to be good on the home front, I may never really know!
(I am okay with that, but I sure do miss them)

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails