Search This Blog

Tuesday, February 5, 2008

SPT ~ Self Portrait Tuesday ~ Fill in the Blanks...

SPT ~ Fill in the Blanks

the other day, i was in my _____________, and i noticed this _______________. my only thought was, "why do i still have this hanging around my house?!?"


Before I even thought much about this spt challenge, I just knew mine would pertain to my "to do" list. I am not feeling guilty about the things that are not done on my list... I am not, I am not, I am not!!! They will get done as they get done. Some things just must fall lower on the list of priorities than others.
the other day, i was in my _house, by the front door_, and i noticed this _vehicle insurance card_. my only thought was, "why do i still have this hanging around my house?!?"
If I take on ALL the responsibilities of the vehicles, then they will always be my responsibilites... at some point after I remind my "strong silent mysterious man" that he is in charge of getting the vehicle insurance cards into the cars... I have to let it go and trust him to get it done.
Okay, this morning it was still sitting by the front door, so I walked it outside while he was warming up the car and handed it to him through the window, with a smile... now I can only trust that it made it into the little pouch that holds all this important information inside the glove compartment (and not on the seat to find its way to the floor).

the other day, i was in my _house by the front door_, and i noticed this _guitar cord, left by one of the teenagers friends_. my only thought was, "why do i still have this hanging around my house?!?"
This is why all this "stuff" piles up by my front door, hoping someone will remember why it is there... it has a place to go... GRAB IT ON YOUR WAY OUT! How else can I get this message across?
the other day, i was in my _office_, and i noticed this _pile of old phones_. my only thought was, "why do i still have this hanging around my house?!?"
Well I am not blind to the fact that I am just as guilty of not getting it done as anyone else in the house... their stuff just annoyes me worse than mine does. Why is that?
I am not normally a clutter bug, or one to hang on to things "just in case" I might need it again. But I have a thing with old phones... now it might appear that we have replaced our phones every other week, but not so... this is many many years or decades of replaced phones, I keep them and move them from house to house. I have a really hard time throwing them out. Even though the reason we replaced them, was because they no longer work!!!
I must have some phone parts fetish, or think I was a phone repair person in a previous life or something. I keep thinking I might need them. For what I am never sure. Aren't we always looking for that one DC plug, or phone cord, that might be in this pile?
Okay, out they go! One less thing to clean out of my office... when I get to that project!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Sometimes I am a little slow. SPT - Self Portrait Day must be about the whole picture... not just your pretty face. Missed that point. This is a bigger challenge than I was giving you credit for. I am proud to know my sis has the courage to look through a lense that wide. You go girl! Of course, doing something about it is another day, right?

Beth said...

Yes, I think you have the idea, but I think that is the part I am learning as I go!

I am not a fan of taking pictures of myself... but I do believe in looking back and seeing how far I am come... so somedays it just includes a picture of my finger, while other days I might jump right into the whole shot!

But more importantly, for me thinking about the topic and yes, looking through the wide lense!

Thanks for the credit, they are a pretty big challenge for me most of the time!

I figure if it's "the thought that counts" I better keep thinking!

she'sonlyhappyinthesun said...

I love this post! I have a thing with not being able to get rid of old phones, so I feel your pain on that issue:) - Aimee

Beth said...

I hate to say it, I only made it to the garage with them... I just couldn't bring myself to throw them over the edge of the garbage bin... and there they sit on the edge of a box beside it. Garbage pick up is Thursday, so I will keep working on it, and try to get them in before then!

Thanks for the support Aimee!!

Related Posts with Thumbnails