Search This Blog

Wednesday, May 7, 2008

SPT ~ Merry Month of May Part 1. Something Old...

This Week's Challenge:May means "wedding month" to me. And no, this challenge is not going to be about weddings (unless you want it to be...).

This months challenge is simply:
May 6th: Something Old
May 13th: Something New
May 20th: Something Borrowed
May 27th: Something Blue
I am still in search of "my style"... I have always loved contemporary, modern, clean lined, metals and leather, sleek things. But somewhere in my heart I have a soft spot for old rugged, woodsy, rusted, vintage things. It really shows in my decorating attempts in my house. I hope some day I figure out how to merge the two and find my own kind of style.

This is one of my most favorite old things... I think it is an old tool box of some sorts. Our Aunt in Kansas gave it to me and I couldn't wait to get it home... I had the perfect use for it.

I love clean counters, but I love clean drawers too.... so I use it to hold all my utensils, and they are so handy right by my stove... I LOVE IT!

I have other old things mixed through out my house, mostly just things I love to look at.

Of course my old windows. The last shot of my old windows as they are... these will get an overhaul when my Mom comes to visit next week. I am so excited to have her help in my living room re-decorating. It is in need of a desperate make over.


And this old stool, we stripped off the 32 layers of paint off of it, and it never made it to the refinishing stage, but it's old and I love it!

6 comments:

Unknown said...

i am totally in awe of your window frames! i've been haording about 9 really great old windows, trying to figure out just what ot do with them. i might need deatils on this project!!

Lene said...

oh. That tool box is fantastic. What a great use for it.

Jeanette said...

Thou shalt not covet thy neighbors old stuff, but oh do I covet. Especially that old tool box and your use for it. Love it! And the window frames-- covet, covet.

Alisa said...

Yes we need details on the great windows!
I love love the tool box on your counter- I found several uses for it already!

Tilane said...

I love how you use the tool box. I would have never thought to do something like that.

Dacia said...

Love the utensil holder and the windows as frames. Great creativity!

Related Posts with Thumbnails