Search This Blog

Tuesday, January 22, 2008

SPT ~ Self Portrait Tuesday ~ What's in a name...



(this is as close to a self portrait as I am getting today... my sickly shadow)

This weeks challenge is an explanation of how I came up with the name for my blog.
Day by Day...

1) Our last name is Dayley (spelled with "day" in it)

2) when I started my blog, I wanted to commit to write in it every day (my attempt to keep a journal... since all other attempts were failing).

3) My online journal would highlight the day to day happenings in my life, and with my family.

4) And since I find myself just trying to get from one day to the next most of the time, it fit.

5) Plus it was the catchiest thing I could come up with at the moment, and some things should not be pondered for too long or they can take away precious minutes and hours of our lives, that could be spent making memories (does that sound like the voice of experience or what?).

I had an idea many years ago (I don't think I ever told anyone) when I lived in Seattle (coffee capital) to make millions running a little coffee shop called "The Dayley Grind"... this was before there were a million coffee shops in the area. But then a few months after the bright idea, I quit drinking coffee, and the Starbucks, Seattles Best, and Tully's shops took over the city... and the bright idea faded into that black hole, that all unused creative thoughts go when they become obsolete.
____________________________________________
**** UPDATE 08/26/2009 ****
Yes, I am a little slow... it just dawned on me that one of "our songs" from way back when, is called Day after Day by Badfinger. I am re-naming my blog.
"Day After Day"
_______________________________________________
*** UPDATE 05/19/2010 ***
Today I found a site that will turn my blog into a book.
What a great journal to have in print!
But I didn't like the title... Day after Day sounds like life is a drag to me... boring and drawn out.
That is not the case!
So I am going to try on this one....
"Day by Dayley"
kind of a clip off of day by day...but with another twist.
It's all a work in progress anyway :)

1 comment:

Lindsey said...

I love The Dayley grind... very creative!
I have always wanted to open my own restaurant... I wonder how I could incorporate Love??

Related Posts with Thumbnails