Search This Blog

Tuesday, January 22, 2008

The Boys in the Band...

My Strong Silent Mysterious Man loves the guitar and plays beautiful music on it. He has even built a couple of them over the years. He has amazing hidden talents, that come out and surprise me all the time. My favorite lately is that he has started playing hymns for us to sing on Family Night, we are really having fun with it... and I have no idea why we didn't do this before now. Music really brings a special tone into our home.

A few months ago, one of his young scouts came to him and asked if he would teach him guitar. He doesn't normally teach, but he agreed to have him come over and show him what he knew. As it turns out these young kids love the same old classic rock music we loved in the 60's, 70's and 80's... so they have allot of fun learning songs together. Then somewhere along the way he brought another friend who played the bass in the school orchestra (like the classical upright kind) who had gotten a new electric bass guitar for Christmas.

They get together once a week, and jam and learn. And while both boys are pretty shy, they let me get this video of one of their songs this past week (and a photo of them... this was a big stretch for 12 year olds letting "the mom" take their picture). I think they are doing a great job, and I love having the music in my home. They tease my husband about being an old man and liking "their" music. And they laugh that "the band" would be made fun of with two "almost" 13 year olds and a "near 50" year old... probably not the next Beatles.


1 comment:

PaD said...

That was great!! I felt like I was there listening to them play and my boy singing. Thanks for putting this on your blog. Love it. Mom D

Related Posts with Thumbnails