Search This Blog

Monday, May 5, 2008

Bee's...

We have these beautiful tree's in our front yard that bloom gorgeous white blooms (I wish they were purple crape myrtle... but I am just happy I didn't have to dig the holes) They were here when we moved in.
They have some good qualities... in the fall the leaves drop nearly all at one time, and they are big round leaves that gather pretty easily.
In the spring the flowers smell good, so there is a nice fragrance when you walk up to my house.
But for about 2 weeks in the spring (I am not sure why it only lasts a short time?) the bee's hoover around them, I guess pollination is good. It just scares me to death!
Very reluctantly I took this video (from afar... good thing for zoom lens) but if you listen you can hear the whole tree humming and buzzing from the millions of bee's that are hoovering. They don't seem to land, they just hoover... hence the scary buzzing noise. It is so frightening walking by this tree to get to our house!


It's ALIVE!

2 comments:

M said...

cute tree and bees!

PaD said...

Scary. I've been reading reports that the farming people are worried about no bees to polinate their crops with. I have lots of photo's of the wedding on my site so check it out when you have time.

Related Posts with Thumbnails