Search This Blog

Friday, May 9, 2008

Day of Service...

I went to work at our church cannery yesterday, canning jams. We did Blueberry... one of my favorites. I always thought theirs was especially sweet, and when I actually saw how much sugar was dumped into it yesterday, I knew why it was so sweet.


I am always amazed at how efficient the process is there. And how they can teach someone who knows little to nothing to be a small part of the cog that makes it all work. I didn't feel like I had any time to take and do this, but I was glad I did.
My other big act of service this week is puppy sitting.
One of my clients wanted one of my neighbors boxer puppies.
She is adorable, and it is fun to have her in our home until tomorrow when he can come pick her up.
She looks peaceful here, but it was the only time I could get a picture of her.
Otherwise she is running everywhere and moving to fast to capture. Or so needy that I have had to hold her.
It has been fun, and she is very sweet, but I already didn't have much time to get all my stuff done, and to devote this time was precious, but I am paying for it dearly I am so behind and now sleep deprived. And my Mom will be here on Monday. Yikes!

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails