Search This Blog

Sunday, May 11, 2008

Father Son Campout...

My boys went on a Fathers Son Campout Friday night. The teenagers friend Conor went with them, since his Dad couldn't make it, and he is like one of my boys anyway.
I like to send the camera, so I can at least have a glimpse of what their experience was like. But I am finding it is better sometimes not to know what happens at events where there are no women among them.

They start out pretty harmless... Morgan got to go on this trip, so it was fun to see she had a good time hunting critters while she was up there.

And this is no surprise, cause my strong silent mysterious man has a soft spot for the little babies and can spot them a mile away.

I used to love to get pictures of my teenager, getting dirty, being a boy. But now he just looks like he is probably causing trouble everwhere he goes, with that innocent smirk on his face, getting away with things he can't get away with at home.... hahmmm Mt. Dew, Haaahummmm.

And I used to think it was cool to get neat pictures of the nature they would see on their trip...

But now they feel more compfortable sharing the funny stories that go along with the pictures.

This poor cute little whistle pig... okay here is the funny (or not) story about the whistle pig.

They are driving home, and see him on the side of the road... all still and staring back at them.

So my husband, the father of the child in the car with him, the adult example to the boy he is in charge of in the car with him... yes that husband...

stops the car and pulls out his hand gun from under the seat and says in his best scar face voice....

"say hello to my little friend"

and left handed out the window pulls off a shot!

At this point I almost can't even understand the rest of the story, the boys were laughing so hard telling me about it...

I guess he "dropped him"!

My husband says he never thought he would actually hit the thing, "they usually run and dodge pretty good, they are hard to hit".

Yeah, great example to the young impressionable boys in the car with you.

"Better a silly girl with a flower than a silly boy with a stick!" (A Knight's Tale)

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails