Search This Blog

Sunday, May 11, 2008

Mothers Day...

Well after we all officially got attached to the puppy, we finally got her delivered to her new home. I have to admit, I did cry a few drops of tears when we drove away. I guess that is the mother in me kicking in... I just want her to have a good home, and be happy.


She is a cutie, I can't wait to hear her name... it has changed a few times since she left our house. But she is in a really good home now and definately has some big adventures ahead of her on the farm.

For Mothers Day, my boys took me to get a new upgraded cell phone... that was fun, and then out to ice cream. They were being really sweet!

-

Today in our sacrament meeting the primary sang, and that always always gets me crying, then they had asked a young husband in our ward to speak and not everyone knows, but he and his wife have been trying for 6 years to have a baby.

So if I wasn't crying before, to hear him speak about mothers and their divine nature on mothers day really had me bawling! He was being so tender about the subject. Then his wife had been asked to say the closing prayer, I knew she had been crying the whole meeting behind me, and after she left the pulpit, she buried her head in his chest on the stand and they were still there comforting each other when we left the chapel.

I don't always feel inadequate as a mother, but I do have my moments.

Today, for some reason, all of the things I heard and felt made me realize my huge responsibility as a mother, and how many times I have fallen short, and what a short time I have left to be a constant in my sons life. I cried and cried the rest of the meetings trying to avoid anyone asking me if I was okay.

When we got home from church, my sweet dear husband was so comforting and helped me realize somehow it would all be okay.

And that we only had a few short hours before the MIL would be here "shouldn't we be working on tidying the house a little"?

Just when I think I am the sensible one in the marriage, I learn it might just be him after all!

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails