Search This Blog

Saturday, May 3, 2008

Sesame-Ginger Pasta Salad...

I made this yummy salad I found on the weight watchers web site.
I picked it because I had some of the asian sauces in my fridge from a recipe my sister made when she was here, and I wanted to find other recipes to use them.
I love all the fresh veggies in it...
I used Whole Wheat thin spaghetti. W/w pasta is not my favorite, but I am getting used to it... the sauces on it in this salad really mask some of the fibery taste. So it had a really good flavor, and I didn't notice I was eating w/w so much.
It looked pretty and made a big bowl full... not sure if my boys will go for this, so I will have plenty to eat on for a few days.
Sesame-Ginger Pasta Salad

Weight Watchers POINTS® Value: 3
Servings: 8
Preparation Time: 25 min
Cooking Time: 10 min
Level of Difficulty: Easy Of course... for me!

This pasta salad is packed with fresh crisp vegetables, salty nuts and Asian seasonings. It's a flavorful side dish that's easy to prepare.
Ingredients
8 oz uncooked whole-wheat spaghetti, or buckwheat soba noodles
1/4 cup water
2 1/2 Tbsp low-sodium soy sauce
2 Tbsp canola oil
2 Tbsp rice wine vinegar
2 tsp dark sesame oil
1 1/2 tsp ginger root, freshly grated
1 tsp sugar
1/2 tsp minced garlic
1 cup cucumber(s), English-variety, cut into 2-inch long thin sticks, divided
3/4 cup radishes, thinly sliced and then each slice cut in half, divided
3/4 cup carrot(s), thinly sliced diagonally and then each slice cut in half, divided
1/4 cup scallion(s), sliced, divided
3 Tbsp peanuts, chopped, divided
1/4 tsp crushed red pepper flakes
Instructions
Bring a large pot of lightly salted water to a boil. Add spaghetti and cook until al dente, about 10 minutes. Drain spaghetti; rinse under cold running water and drain again.
In a large serving bowl, whisk together water, soy sauce, canola oil, vinegar, sesame oil, ginger, sugar and garlic until blended.
Add pasta, 3/4 cup of cucumber, 1/2 cup each of radishes and carrots, 3 tablespoons of scallions and 2 tablespoons of peanuts; toss to mix and coat.
Sprinkle salad with remaining cucumber, radishes, carrots, scallions and peanuts; sprinkle with red pepper flakes and serve. Yields about 1 cup per serving.
----------------
I only changed the peanuts to cashew pieces because I had them in the pantry.
I just used one kind of cucumber. And I used green onions, not sure what scallions look like.
And I sprinkled a very small amount of sesame seeds on top before serving, just for looks, it looked cool on the teenagers favorite square plate!

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails