Search This Blog

Thursday, May 1, 2008

Parents... it's plural!

One of my greatest blessings is to have another parent for my child! I hope I never ever ever EVER take that for granted. I have been a single parent before, and I survived it... but the load I had to carry was very heavy, and many others helped me carry it during that time.
I am so thankful for my husband and the loving father he is to our teenager.

It's hard to know sometimes how hard to be on them, or how much rope to give them before they hang themselves. But I grew up working... and the theory seemed to be as long as I was working, I didn't have time to get into any trouble.

So this is what I know, this is how I learned it... and to keep the teenager out of trouble until his Dad got home, I put him to work.

We have these hedges and they get out of control, and honestly the teenager is the very best at trimming them back.


It is not easy to get them trimmed even, it is an art!


He does a great job, and I try to never complain when I see little flaws here or there.... being the perfectionist that I am.

Because I have tried to do this, and mine looks so bad, I always have to have the teenager come fix what I have done.

So it was work, but it kept him busy and out of trouble, and my hedges look soooo much better and aren't out of control anymore!

So when Dad finally gets home from a really long day at work... he can tell there was some effort at home, and the teenager wasn't sitting around. There is something to be said for pleasing Dad and not making waves. It works just as good as the saying when Momma is happy, everyone is happy. We could put Dad in that saying and it would apply at our house.

There is something to be said for our welcoming committee... I couldn't have trained them to do this better. It always puts a smile on Dad's face to be greeted this way.

I would never have the energy to keep it up day after day... so they do their job well.

And they don't wear out easily... the more love the merrier...

This is what really cracks me up... when he tries to sit down for a peaceful bite to eat they hoover around waiting for him to drop a morsel...

Okay there may be such thing as too much love, they are relentless!

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails