Search This Blog

Monday, April 28, 2008

More birthday dinners...

My strong silent mysterious man has given a whole new meaning to the birthday holiday week extravaganza. He has managed to drag it out yet another week??? I guess I am a good teacher.

Some of our dearest friends took him out for his birthday dinner this weekend, so we went to the Japanese Steak House.We got a chef with a black hat! Apparently the red hats are still in training and the black hats are the masters.

I really wondered when I saw a huge bandage around a finger of his right hand, he had an ooops moment... but he did not disappoint!

This was the move my teenager was trying to perfect in my kitchen at home after we brought him to this restaurant on our anniversary last year.
I know what you are thinking... my man is a really picky eater and doesn't eat these fresh beautiful veggies in any other menu, but he will eat them here. He loves this food!!! Go figure!!
I wish veggies looked this good at my house... they were so beautiful and Brenda and I thought it would be pretty healthy until we kept seeing the chef slicing off a slab of butter with his spatula from the tower of butter you can see in the background! Oh dear!

The experience wouldn't be complete without the shrimp toss!

(This was a little too close up for my self conscious that night... I love digital flowers to cover up the ugly... no I wasn't eating flowers, I will work on my digital touch up techniques)

We saw the most beautiful sunset on the drive home. It kind of makes me miss living in Seattle being able to chase the sun down to the waterfront and watch it set behind the mountains glowing across the water.

It was a fun and romantic evening out, we had great time!

And being the thoughtful parents we are, saved some morsels for the teenager (who doesn't fully recognize our thoughtful loving potential yet).

He was working... but don't feel too sorry for him, he gets lots of love!

I know, I just take what ever shots I can get of him... blurry, silly goofy faces only a mother could love!!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Jim has opened the door for a whole new level of celebration. Now I am really puzzled he eats the vegetables at the Japanese eatry. I had a visual of him picking around them. The sun is out here. Hope you day is as bright in Idaho. 6 more days....

Anonymous said...

Oh... as for the boy... he's just adorable. However, I do remember how adorable I thought Jerad was at the age. Hopefully yours is not as bad. Jerad knew it all.

Lindsey said...

I absolutely LOVE your hair like that... I think I have told you that before but I really do. You look so good with that cut!

Related Posts with Thumbnails