Search This Blog

Monday, December 15, 2008

An Answered Prayer...


We went to visit my Aunt Carolyn (my Dad's sister) and her husband Jim.
She is such a good story teller, better than the best of story tellers.
Most of the time she is repeating tales about cats in her past, present or future in some way or another.
She has saved, rescued, nursed, adopted, and loved more cats than I can even remember.
The really funny thing about it, is that she is allergic to them! Yep, a glutton for punishment.
But the biggest heart you will ever know. She told us while we were visiting that Tessy cat was just an extension of her heart, and would say "there goes my heart, walking on four legs covered in black fur... if she ever dies it will just kill me". I was thinking to myself, I had heard that about a few other cats in her past, and since they really don't have nine lives... (shhhhh, don't tell her) I have to assume, she will survive through this one too. No matter how hard it will seem at the time.

When I told the teenager I was going to see her... he refers to her through a super hilarious story she once told him about a game she was playing at the time making up the bed with one of her cats. And he says "booger under the covers, that Aunt Carolyn"? Yes, that is the one! She would be refereed to as "the cat lady" except she doesn't live like one, other than all the cats. She is impeccably clean... I tried to get all her secrets while I was there about how she gets rid of the cat fur. Because as I knelt on the floor I tried to find some proof that she actually had all those cats living with her... and never found one stand of fur! Anywhere... she just says she vacuums allot, but it has to be way more than allot, because I vacuum allot to get my dog hair up, and you can find evidence any time day or night at my house.

Aunt Carolyns newest story while we were visiting, was about her recent trip to Myrtle Beach!
She went with a girlfriend, and of all the many beaches she had been to on the east coast she always found shark teeth on her walks on the beach... but never one on Myrtle Beach yet.

So as the tide began to come in, they decided to take one last walk on the beach and her friend went off one way and she stood and watched the water come up to about her ankles and decided to give one last plea and prayed to the Lord that she would find "just one shark tooth before she went home.... pleeeeeeeese just one" She pleaded.

Then she opened her eyes and looked down to find this!
"THANK YOU LORD" She yelled out loud!


"An Answered Prayer"
September 2008
Myrtle Beach, SC
Posted by Picasa

2 comments:

patsy said...

What a fun lady~
I am so glad you are getting this opportunity to spend time with your family- sweet!

She Loves To Make said...

You are having such a great trip visiting family! And I can't believe your aunt is allergic to cats and saves so many!!! She must REALLY love them.

Related Posts with Thumbnails