Search This Blog

Monday, December 15, 2008

Bald Peanuts...


Boiled Peanuts!

Hot out of the kettle!
My SIL came to the south with my brother one year and we talked about finding boiled peanuts for days... when we finally found some, she read the sign and realized they were not "bald peanuts" like they sound when you say it with a southern drawl, but boiled peanuts.

She was even less impressed with the fact that they were soggy and salty... I guess it is an acquired taste. They are kind of the texture of baked potatoes inside when you break them open, but sucking the salt peanut juice out of the shell just before it runs down your arm is my favorite part.

My teenager being an almost exact mix between me and the strong silent mysterious man, will eat grits, but not boiled peanuts. It's all good, more for me!
Posted by Picasa

3 comments:

Robert and Kristen said...

Sounds a little gross to me, but I guess it's like you said, an acquired taste!

patsy said...

I've heard of them... but never tried them, being a westerner & all. That drawl... bawled peanuts just cracks me up :)

she'sonlyhappyinthesun said...

I have never even heard of those... but they sound like something I would like.

Related Posts with Thumbnails