Search This Blog

Thursday, December 18, 2008

Brotherly Love...

Today, I was so excited my big brother was going to take me riding!
But at this point, I wasn't sure what I had gotten myself into... "hiking my leg up over my head to where"?

Okay, now I needed some really clear instructions... stopping and turning... pretty important, pay attention!
I know, don't get too cocky... but this was pretty fun.
Especially since I started out in a circle... Miss Gracie and I had that down, no problem.
I would have almost ventured to call us buddies even.

I just need a cute pink cowboy hat with lots of bling and I am all set!

By the end of the circles I was ready for the big pasture! It was all good, a beautiful day, nice weather, Gracie just tucked in behind Callie and we rode off into the sunset.

Until we were headed back to the barn!
She got in a big ol' hurry to get back to the barn and as I was white knuckling the reigns holding on for my life... my big brother yells out from behind me "she'll only go as far as the barn door, and then she'll stop"!
That was comforting... deep down I knew if I was in any trouble, he would have been riding up along beside my like a knight in shinning armor. However, it did make me realize in the blink of an eye, that Miss Gracie was in control the entire time... not me!
This was her fun outing, and I was just along for the ride.
But I did appreciate all the laps around the arena, that she allowed me feel like a princess cowgirl!
Posted by Picasa

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails