Search This Blog

Sunday, December 7, 2008

Ward Christmas Breakfast...

To blog or not to blog... hmmm, not sure if this is a good idea? I find I really LOVE to blog about fun exciting things we really want to remember, but challenging things are hard to blog about. And this is a fun exciting event for most everyone.... but not always for us.
However, when I thought of my online journal not including some of the hard challenging things we actually survive, I thought it would be sad not to document that it even happen.
.
Our Ward put on their Annual Christmas Breakfast and Program yesterday. My family was pretty adamant, we didn't want to go for various reasons I'll try not to write about, some pretty silly, some selfish, and some very warranted... but after a meeting that morning with some Stake members, my heart had been softened by an entirely unrelated conversation; so I came home and convinced my boys we needed to go and be supportive. It was a HUGE production and even though we don't like crowds, have the pickiest eaters in the entire world, and just aren't into the big productions... we should go, be with our ward family. They need to know we deeply love and appreciate them! We have an awesome ward!
-
Some really cool things I loved...
-
1) I learned to use a feature on my new camera that does panoramic shots... you take three different shots and it melds them flawlessly together.
So I could get the entire gym in one picture!

I just can't wait to do a mountain range scene, or a sunrise/sunset! So exciting!
2) Enough food to fill the black hole... I could only ever find him here... IN LINE EATING!

3) The Young Women... serving so happily! Really they were smiling, so willing, and making the best of their work the whole time!

4) For memories that it sparked for me about previous Christmas Breakfasts where we shared traditional things we do in our families. I remember one family shared they wake up their kids super early... they try to wait, but sometimes it's 4am because they are so excited they can't wait! And I thought to myself... I should call them, we are up too! I always think of them now in our wayyy too early Christmas mornings, but have yet to call them at 4am too share in all the excitement! But it is a fun memory for me.

-

5) For my Strong Silent Mysterious Man for coming and enduring. Poor guy, these food gathering events are sooo hard for him!

But he was a good sport and let me get our picture together... and look he is smiling!

-

I think he turned to the children and watched them and they will always soften your heart and make you smile and forget all your own road blocks in life. For sure we saw and heard some really funny things from the mouths of babes in the short time we were there.... Kids say the darnedest things!

Related Posts with Thumbnails