Search This Blog

Monday, July 28, 2008

Re-Entry...

Re-Entry back into my world after being at girls camp all week is sometimes challenging. But I am managing to fit my way into a house full of boys, even though I still find myself singing camp songs in my head, looking for dinner to be served (we had the best cooks!), reciting camp cheers, and skipping to the bathroom.
Here are some of the highlights from camp...


Hiking to the top of the mountains... (well sadly I didn't get to go to the top after my pneumonia got worse instead of better at camp... but I was able to get a priesthood blessing and functioned somewhat, so I got these pictures from base camp).

Arriving back to camp after a long hot dry hike...
And jumping in the pool to cool down...
The chicken dance!
Making cabin flags...
Learning to sign "Proud to be an American"...
The dining hall...

"Sharing your light" ceremony...

Oh and the dreaded skits... I complained, but they made me do it anyway...

I had to play Indiana Jones in front of everyone... what was this anyway drama camp???

At least I wasn't alone... my fearless leader was willing to play the kung fu panda part... we had music and everything to fill in the mood. I have never laughed so hard ever... silly, but fun!

Cabin Cheers...

"now put a little booty in it"

how'd that go again???

We had some work shops...

Including the mirror workshop... helping the girls reflect on how they see themselves vs. how Heavenly Father see's them.

Like I said, I had to perform all week... they made me dig deep into my phychy and reveal to everyone some challenges I faced growing up when I was the same age as these girls. I had really tried to bury that all these years, but they thought it was important for them to see me as a real person with real troubles that I had learned to overcome... I am not sure I was convincing that I had over come them... like I said... ah hum, I buried them!!

I swear I will need therapy from spending a week at girls camp...

Seriously, teasing (kind of) about all the drama! It was pretty fun I will admit. And I was okay with these girls know I am human and had "issues" with hair and wondering if I was pretty enough growing up. It was all good. I know it is not what defines me now!!!

One of my favorite parts, was the letters from home!

Even though it was a logistical nightmare to collect letters from every parent with a girl at camp in our stake (you would think they would be ever so willing, but it was like pulling teeth to get them all turned in).

It was soooooo worth all the time and effort when I saw them reflect and seem to appreciate their letters from their parents letting them know how much they are loved at home.

We made new friends, and cherished the old ones!

And a good time was had by all!!

3 comments:

patsy said...

wow what fun! It's hard work but pays off. Hope you recover quickly- pnuemonia???? that doesn't sound good... you really need to put your feet up & watch tv for a while!!

She Loves To Make said...

Camp looks like a blast! I loved, loved, loved girls camp! How fun to go and be surrounded by all of those girls!

she'sonlyhappyinthesun said...

That looks like a lot of fun... I have so many good memories of my girls-camp-days. I am happy to have you back in the blogging world:)

Related Posts with Thumbnails