Search This Blog

Tuesday, July 29, 2008

Company Volleyball tournament/picnic...

This weekend in-between my naps trying to catch up with my own world after returning from girls camp (I keep bringing up how much the re-entry burns... but I really was that exhausted when I got home... really! worth every minute, but so exhausting) we were invited to my husbands work volleyball picnic at his bosses house.
When I left the week before we were planning on going, but Friday night and most of Saturday had decided we didn't really want or need to be there.
Well about an hour before it was to start, OUR decision flipped back to "we should go"... so reluctantly I got showered and dressed at 3pm and threw together a salad to take with us and we got in the car and drove the 38 miles to his home just over the state line into Oregon.

Their home was beautiful, right on the Snake River... the boys were drooling over the great fishing spot. And my husband was hoping to get invited back sometime so he could bring our brother in law who would have loved the catfish pond in the front of the house, that he told us needs to be thinned out. The fish were HUGE!!! (don't worry Pat, were in!!)

The family had many collections around that were so cool to look at... too many to name, and they all live on acres along the river side by side, so it was kind of a huge family compound but everyone had their own space. Two of the brothers had a competition who could find the best boat anchor (I guess they are kind of junk collectors on the side, but everything they had collected had it's place in the big scheme of things, nothing looked like junk) and the younger brother was the winner with this impressive anchor! It was a cool story how he had obtained it and got it back to his place, but I was too busy gaulking over the landscaping and taking pictures to be able to repeat it all.

This little guy was cracking me up with the ice cold water from the hose... it was hot out, but this water was ice cold!!! And he had learned how to share it with anyone who would come partake.

The volleyball tournament began and with 5 teams formed and charted into a double elimination flow chart, it was well organized. I was glad to be recovering from pneumonia so I had an excuse to sit this one out... with the machine shop against the winders, the competition was fierce and it turned into somewhat of a contact sport, I was really happy to be on the sidelines watching!

The teenager found his nitch right in there with the big boys... well most of them weren't bigger than him, just a little older.

We were so glad we went, the food was great... we were treated just like part of the family, and that means so much when you spend as much of your time with these people as you do your own family during the week, sometimes more!

A good time was had by all!!

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails