Search This Blog

Friday, January 16, 2009

"Shark Bite"...

Well just to prove it's never good when you get too cocky... I was feeling so good about being able to change the dressing and check out mom's incision... quite proud of my accomplishment in fact.
I even sent my sis the clear photos at work... she replied... "I just passed out", gross I know, but so validating that I could handle it and SHE was grossed out! he he he
Yep! I was feeling really good about my accomplishments, I was really growing!
Then my Dad sent me to the store to pick up a few things... so I snuck out while Mom was sleeping. And driving down the road to the store, I was re-living how proud I was of myself... and doing so well with the blood and guts of it all. And was laughing in my head about the new nickname we can call her... "shark bite"... it would be cute on her... when all of a sudden a wave of woosy came over me. Oooooh this is not good... so I quickly took my mind to my happy place and felt better... but note to self, don't get to proud and cocky about yourself or your accomplishments, apparently that can all go south very quickly!

2 comments:

Lindsey said...

I am very proud of you Beth...I know how squeamish you are. Good for you!

M said...

Nice job! Guess what is on my blog now! Go check it out Sis Dayley!!

Related Posts with Thumbnails