Search This Blog

Wednesday, January 14, 2009

Are we there yet...

We live in such a great location to stop on your way through from Washington to almost anywhere east. So I always push myself on family and friends when they are traveling through. I don't insist that you stay with us, I totally get the whole stay on the road and get there quick, but I do insist on at least a phone call as you pass us by.

We have often met at the exit off the freeway, just for hugs, you can stretch your legs, get gas and get back on the road, I get my fix, and all is well.

Yesterday, I got word my nephew was taking a road trip to Wyoming from Washington... so I immediately picked up the phone and called his cell, hoping he hadn't passed us by already. I caught him early enough in his journey and convinced him, if he had to stop and sleep... this would be a great place to do it, free, with food and hugs! He accepted! I can be very convincing!


He hasn't done many road trips, and never by himself this far.
So this is quite an adventure for him!
Oh to be young again!
These two are a crack up... Bryan made the teenager bend his knees down until they were the same height... too funny! Yeah, none of us like it that he is so much taller than us Bryan, it will be okay when you get used to the idea. Plus he can reach all the stuff on the top shelves! He's handy that way.
I love this kid, he is so fun to be around.
It was such a blessing for him to come stay with us. Not near enough time, but we went out for burgers, it is a family joke, (reality for him though), that since he began to eat, he was very very picky. He wouldn't eat any red or green food, and never eat anything that touched his other food, no milk on his cereal etc, etc, etc. So while I was joking about it, I realized he might not have outgrown some of his food choices. So we waited until he arrived to decide on dinner.
Plain burgers would work, and sounded good to everyone.
He was wiped out from the drive, so he was in bed early. He didn't sleep very well between Taylor going and pushing on his door every time she woke up (she loved him to death... and couldn't stand it when he would go in a room and close the door behind him, she fretted the entire time until he came out) and just being in a strange bed. He was up at 7am and out by 8am this morning. I sent him off with a bag of ham biscuits, and made him promise to call and stop again on his way home, if it worked for him. He promised!

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails