Search This Blog

Thursday, January 15, 2009

Pre flight checklist...

Wednesday... d-day... if I didn't get it done, it wouldn't get done... dahnt, dahnt, dahnt!

.

So I went over my "pre-flight" checklist very carefully... there were so many fires to put out with work, and it is one of my busiest times of the year, getting bookkeeping records ready for the accountants, filing payroll and quarterly taxes.

.

But at some point in my day, after I got the low down on my boys busy schedules for the evening, I realized I had to keep to my self promise to cherish the moments.

.

So I got my haircut... after all a girl can't cut herself too thin, some things are a must!

Ahhh, much more manageable!
.

And I took breaks in-between the deadlines to go watch my strong silent mysterious man's basketball game... the story behind these boys and their basketball team, is a blog post all in itself. But I was so glad I stopped and went, and he appreciated me being there with him.

Then we went over to the church to catch the last half of the dodge ball mutual activity... of course my strong silent mysterious man immediately got a second wind and couldn't resist participation. And the teenager had a blast! I wish I would have gotten some pictures, our Bishop was diving in his suit to catch and get someone out, some of the meekest mildest young women were turning into competitive beasts... it was hilarious, nobody got hurt (for the most part) and a really good time was had by all!!!

.

Most importantly I took a few minutes to stop and smell the roses, cherish the moments with my boys, and everything else will be there when I get home. Not a lesson I am learning easily, but most rewarding I am discovering!!!

.

I finally got the most important deadlines finished, and began packing my suitcase at 11pm, in bed by midnight, and up at 4am to go to the airport.

5 comments:

Unknown said...

I love your haircut. I have been contemplating that same style. It looks great on you! So when you have some time, could you walk me through setting up the SPT on my blog. I think I'd like to jump in to that. BTW, I loved reading your ones from last year. What a great way to enrich your life and the readers of your life history. Keep up the great work.
Love Ya!
Melody

Beth said...

Melody,
Thank you for your kind comments.
I will love to help you with spt! I will be back in town next Thursday... I will give you a call and maybe we can do lunch!

Hugs,
Beth

Lindsey said...

Super cute haircut!!

She Loves To Make said...

I agree with everyone else! Your haircut is absolutely adorable :)

patsy said...

I absolutely LOVE the haircut!!!!

I am going to cut mine too- I hope it turns out as good as yours~

Related Posts with Thumbnails