Search This Blog

Sunday, October 31, 2010

Recapturing Beauty Day 4: Get Ready on the Inside

THE CHALLENGE:

GET READY ON THE INSIDE

How much time do you spend getting ready each day? Today, use the same amount of time to get ready on the inside. Meditate, write in your journal, or perform an act of service.

Women spend thousands of hours on their appearances over a lifetime. Think about what you could accomplish if you spent the same amount of time each day preparing your inner self. How would you be different? How would each day be different?

This is kind of ironic for me because I have never spent much time getting ready on the outside. I grew up in a home where Dad was "ready" to go and if you were not, you would get left... or harrassed to pieces for it. When I got married to my strong silent mysterious man, he would sit and watch me put on my makeup in awe that I could do it so quickly and be ready to go in minutes. It is now a bit of a challenge to me to really put some effort into how I look each day, especially if I don't go anywhere. Somedays I barely get presentable by the time he gets home from work.

With that said I did spend time preparing my inner self and journaling some thoughts about it. But I tried to make more of a concious effort not to spend more time getting ready on the outside,but just to GET READY on the outside! Be presentable after my exercise, take a shower and smell like a flower, but not obsese on it and not spend anymore time, just the effort.

Definitely spending as much time giving to others, praying, or just studying in the scriptures as I do getting ready on the outside will be part of my balance going forward.

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails