Search This Blog

Sunday, October 31, 2010

Recapturing Beauty Day 5: Exercise for Fun

THE CHALLENGE:

EXERCISE FOR FUN

Exercise for fun—choose a form of exercise that you enjoy, a form you wouldn’t normally choose because it calls attention to your body. Exercise is necessary for health, but we have turned it into a duty, obligation and punishment--something we do to “make up” for the food we eat. Women are bombarded with media messages that tell us we can’t run, swim, do yoga, or any number of things unless we have the “perfect” body. We must stop waiting to achieve perfection and live our lives to the fullest--taking risks, trying new things, and utilizing the unlimited potential of our bodies.

I am totally a "make up" exerciser. Lately I haven't been taking the dogs on my walks because I want to focus on getting the most of it, or trying to run, and I don't want any distractions from them tugging on the other end of the leash. So they got their own walks today. They loved the focus and it took the "chore" out of the exercise for me and made it fun again!

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails