Search This Blog

Sunday, June 14, 2009

Happy Anniversary...

Saturday, while the teenager was busy working. laying a brick patio for a neighbor... we snuck off to have dinner together alone for our anniversary. Not that we don't love him, he just gets to go everywhere with us... and we were due for a night out alone.17 years! Wow, it seems like a really long time to say we have been married. It was fun to reminisce... of course most of our memories include the teenager. We even talked about some of the feelings and times we shared when he was first born. I shed some tears digging up feelings I hadn't thought about for a really really long time. I felt so inadequate as a new mother. My strong silent mysterious man always knew he wanted and loved childred, but that came much slower for me. I was so unsure and fearful. The first time I was alone with him in the hospital, I cried, so afraid I wouldn't be able to take care of him. My strong silent mysterious man really was my rock then, he was sure and certain and so confident in every way about having this baby in our lives. It was just so convincing, I knew it had to be right too. I eventually figured it out and I think we have done okay with the kid so far!
.
It was fun to go to dinner, I laugh because I think I am finally in the classification of "frugal"... I would only go to the restaurant where I had a coupon for buy one, get one free dinner. Oh no! Good greif... I am, I am frugal!

2 comments:

Donna Lynn said...

I'm so glad the two of you got out and had a great time. I was sorry I couldn't talk more but Jerry and Brooklynn were shopping together and it is all I can do to keep up with them. They both act like they don't know each other and do their thing. You can see where that leaves me. Brooklynn kept eyeing the escalator and I was fearful of what she was thinking. Nothing bad happened and a good time was had by all. Thank goodness Jerry brought coupons and gift card, etc because he buys what he wants her to have and then asks her what she wants and then busy that. Thank goodness we don't do this often.

She Loves To Make said...

I'm glad you both got to get out together! Happy anniversary!

Related Posts with Thumbnails