Search This Blog

Saturday, June 20, 2009

Tropical Chicken with grilled sweet potatoes

This is my new favorite way to eat sweet potatoes!

I found this ww recipe in my cookbook, I think I printed it but never ended up making it for some reason.

In a bowl wisk together

6 Tbsp lime juice, 3 Tbsp fresh minced ginger root, 6 Tbsp apricot preserves, 6 Tbsp soy sauce. (I used lemon juice, ground ginger, and s/f blackberry preserves... because that's what I had in the cupboard... and it turned out purple, but oh so yummy).

Grill (I broiled in the oven) 2 large sweet potatoes scrubbed and sliced into 1/4 inch rounds; brushed with marinade until tender (about 4-5 min on each side).

Marinade 1 lb. chicken breast in sauce 1 hour-up to 24hours in the fridge and grill (I just brushed over chicken and cooked on the stove, still really good... but marinating would be better).

Serve with brown rice - I have been trying out new kinds of brown and whole grain rice (I just get a 1/2 to 1 cup in the bulk at Winco until I am sure it is something I will like)... basmati is one of my new favorites. It's been fun to change it up a little, and they all have different flavors and textures.

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails