Search This Blog

Thursday, May 21, 2009

God bless Texas...

The project is finished, complete with a written AND verbal presentation! Wahoo!
.
It was so hard for me to sit back and watch the construction of this project and only give input when solicited! I tell you, a test of my ability to trust and believe in my teenager for sure. But I think how ever it turns out (the grade is 30% of his history grade), it will be his own.. and that teaches him so much more than any cool stone paint job I could have done on the stucco, or any fun dessert scene I could have created, or any recreation of a battle and all the elaborate ideas I had waiting for him to ask me. I was asked to gather and glue on some dessert plants... that was my contribution.



This kid loves history and I hope his desire to learn more of it, stays with him for a long time... I think I skipped more history classes than I attended, so he is already leaps and bounds ahead of me in life! He is such a good kid, now I just have to have a discussion about the Texas dirt in the floor of my kitchen... hmmmm.

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails