Search This Blog

Friday, April 3, 2009

TGI Friday... Conference weekend...

I am so happy for Friday! Not that I get all the breaks on the weekend, the laundry and dishes and everything still pile up and the dogs still need to be cared for and chores still have to be done. My work is NEVER done!
But my boys are home more (usually), so that is exciting for me.
.
This weekend is the 179th Annual General Conference of our church. So that means we will be together as a family and watch at home two sessions on Saturday, then the boys will go to the church for a priesthood session Sat night, and then we will watch two more sessions on Sunday broadcast from the conference center in SLC.
.
We will hear speakers from the leadership of the church who give messages of testimony, and doctrine to teach principles we need to be living. And everyone all over the world will hear the same messages and speakers. So all of our missionaries out there will be uplifted and inspired just as if they would be if they were home. I think that is my favorite part.
.
I have tried to be prepared and have yummy food to fix and I will make a couple of candy/snack bags for the boys to each have so they can munch on them and get through all the sessions, and not have to get up to go to the kitchen during the broadcast (there is always some interesting trading that naturally occurs, but I do my best to get their favorite stuff).
.
We don't have tons of traditions yet, but something the boys really look forward to is going for ice cream, just the two of them after the priesthood session.
.
I am looking forward to a nice quiet time at home this weekend and to have my spiritual cup filled!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

What a wonderful to be a part of your Church and its message of fellowship. Will be thinking of you as you share their message. Mom

Related Posts with Thumbnails