Search This Blog

Thursday, April 2, 2009

April Fools Day...

I am happy to report I made it through April Fools Day unscaved!
.
My brother is famous for pulling pranks and tricks on April Fools Day. I haven't gotten an update from him yet on this years antics. But I one of my favorites was when my Mom was really working on losing weight and had this really cool doctors scale in the bathroom at work. My brother, knowing she would be weighing the next morning, went in and taped a penny in the perfect place on the back of the scale to make it read 5 lbs heavier. We all huddled outside the bathroom while she went in to weigh.... waiting for her scream!
.
I only remember her reaction after the trick had been revealed.... my brother survived the ordeal, but I have to say he was very very couragous (or stupid).
.
My SIL reavealed she had sent an email to her group of friends that meets every week together to tell them she would be moving! I can imagine they were devistated until the fool was revealed! Too funny!
.
One year the teenager was on his way out the door to school, running late and his Dad and I pulled the "your pants have a big rip in the back" sending him into a complete panic before we revealed the joke.
.
I laugh at these, so I think I have it in me... but it is a battle for me to be decieptful and keep a straight face!

2 comments:

Panda said...

I think your brother is getting old. He played no pranks on me at all. *smile* but then again I didn't play any pranks on him either... whats with that????

My favorite prank I remember was my mother making us kids pancakes but she has poured the batter around a big wad of cotton so that when you went to cut them you couldn't. It was just a big cotton pancake.
Big sis Panda

Anonymous said...

What! No April Fools!!! He is getting really slack.

The cotton pancakes are too funny! I bet your Mom always had something up her sleeve, she is too funny!

Related Posts with Thumbnails