Search This Blog

Saturday, February 7, 2009

Klondike weekend...

Yesterday afternoon, the teenager met with his scout leaders to head out for their annual klondike camp out in the snow. It's his favorite camp out of the year!

Because he loves it so much, he doesn't want anyone to miss out on getting to go... so he calls everyone and waits and waits to make sure they all have the opportunity to go even if it is at the last minute, if he can reach them. Bless his heart, he lives "the more the merrier" concept his whole life not having any siblings to have to share or fight with, it has just become part of who he is. It's a very endearing quality, I love about him.

45 min later, they are finally all packed up and get to head up to camp!
He gave me a big ol' hug even in front of all his scouting friends... I love this kid. I could tell, he was so excited and wanted all the boys going to have a great time; I think he took it on as his own personal mission to make sure they did.

When I got home, I had no particular plans. I am thinking it was a good thing I didn't go out.

Because all the dogs were in trauma mode... two emotional good byes, two bags packed and out the door within 2 days.

They were clingy needy puppies by the time I got back to them.Morgan is kind of a drama queen and gives these big ol' loving hugs; like she has been mistreated and nobody loves her. Dipping her head almost upside down pushing against me hoping I will wrap both my arms around her and pull her in close and tight and never let her go, and only love her and no other dogs in the house.

And Taylor has the sad puppy dog eyes down, and lays her head as close to my chin as she can get it... letting out big ol' puppy sighs waiting for her hugs too. She doesn't move an inch, and watched me eat my Popsicle every lick and bite without flinching a muscle, secretly hoping I would let her lick the stick when I was done, like her Dad ALWAYS does.

I know I rarely get pictures of Rudy, but he is a "blanket hound" and burrows under anything that resembles a blanket and is pretty happy as a clam, until someone rings the doorbell.

It was a quiet night, my bed was full of these needy dogs, but it was quiet.


This morning my bff called me and asked what I was doing... the only one who would really understand and not judge me when I told her I was laying in bed blogging... he he he.
.
Also quite possibly the only one, for whom I would leap out of bed and be ready to go out the door in less than 30 min. to go to the Temple with.
She confessed she really didn't want to drag herself out of the house in the freezing cold either, but when I said "yes" she was committed.
.
We decided on the way home, it was neither of us being motivated, it was my great aunts; two of my grandmothers sisters that we did ordinances for today. They must have been so excited, and pushing us to be so motivated this morning.
.
I am so grateful for the help and comfort we receive from those who have gone to heaven before us. I have felt their love so many times, and I am so thankful for Temples and the peace we can feel there.
I am also really grateful for friends who live their lives close to the spirit and follow the promptings of that still small voice.
.
The teenager made it home safe and sound... no injuries or lost scouts, and he had a total blast!
A good time was had by all!

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails