Search This Blog

Saturday, February 7, 2009

Date with the teenager...

Thursday night was my one night alone with the teenager, so I told him we would go out to dinner. I was thinking something kind of special, like a date night with him. He knew just where he wanted to go...

Dairy Queen... What? No.

I tried to convince him and talk him into many other choices, but apparently he had thought long and hard, and he loved their french fries. There was no changing his mind.

So we went to DQ.

My friend Krista took us there one time when they came home to visit just for french fries, and I think he has remembered that ever since. We even talked about them, I haven't kept in touch and now I have to track her down and call her. Good times.

We had a nice time, but he seemed distracted. When we got home, he changed clothes and was off to play basketball with them men at the church.

I knew I didn't have his undivided attention. Places to go, people to see, things to do... my teenager is growing up and breaking away, just as he is supposed to.

I am so thankful he is choosing places that are good environments, people that he can look up to, and things that are good for him to help him grow.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

French Fries??? In that place with all the blizzards???? Bless the child! Hugs, Nene

she'sonlyhappyinthesun said...

Dairy Queen does have the best french fries... I love dipping them in a blizzard.

Related Posts with Thumbnails