Search This Blog

Thursday, February 5, 2009

No Boys Allowed...

My Strong Silent Mysterious Man left this morning for Portland on business. I am not conditioned for this at all, he never has to go on trips for work. So even though I have known about it for months, I was pretty much in denial until we had to say goodbye this morning.

I was choking back the tears as I got my hugs and kisses. He asked if I was crying because I was going to miss him, or because I was going to be stuck with the teenager all by myself?

We joke about how much the kid makes us pull our hair out, and what a rotten high maintenance child he is... but the truth is, he is a good kid. He is fun to be around. Most of the time he has positive output, and good energy. He makes me laugh. He sings and dances around the house. He makes funny faces and weird annoying, but funny sounds. And honestly our lives would truely be lost without him.

So I am really looking forward to some time alone with him tonight. We will have a special dinner together.
.
Then he will abandon me on Friday when he goes off camping with the scouts for their annual Klondike (camping in the snow). I am still in denial about this one too... as it is always so much easier to send him off when his Dad is up there with him to watch over and keep him safe. This time, he will go it on his own and I have to have all the faith I can muster. I have had to turn off the news because of the many missing hikers, snow shoers, and skiers that have been lost these past 2 weeks. Turned off to the point that I totally missed ground hog day! What? I don't know how that got by me?
.
This all leads up to me being... Home Alone! I haven't always handled these moments alone well, then I learned the power of painting rooms, but now that just seems exhausting, I think I will enjoy some bubble bath time and sleeping in and snuggling with the pooches, catching up on the house cleaning, and maybe finding a new book to read!

And most of all NO boys to mess up the kitchen and leave dirty socks on the floor.

This weekend I will cherish...


1 comment:

Lindsey said...

I am glad Josh and I aren't the only ones that joke about our son being a little tough... we do love him dearly but sometimes... he is just down right tough! I look forward to the times I start having weekends alone when the boys get old enough to both go hunting with there dad.... I am sure you will find lots to do.

Related Posts with Thumbnails