Search This Blog

Friday, February 6, 2009

I "heart" bread...

I love my visiting teaching partner, and just as I suspected from the beginning, it has been so awesome getting to know her better. She is so grounded, she thinks logical when I am feeling all scatter brained (what a blessing), she is very very kind hearted, and she is so genuine. I could tell she was accomplished in the kitchen (I secretly have been wanting to pop in while she is canning... I can tell she has lots of great wisdom there I will want to glom onto), but I didn't know that she made amazing bread until I was responsible for transporting it!

So lucky for everyone involved in this transport, that she is thoughtful and sent some for my family, or the one I was delivering would not have made it to it's destination... I am serious! Before I could even get in the car with it, the smell filled the air and was heavenly.

It was all wrapped up on it's own board the same perfect size as the loaf, and the smell, oh my dear, it was more than I could take. I quickly dropped off the loaf for deliver, and rushed home, knocking all dogs and boys out of my way to get to a knife and butter! It tasted as amazing as it smelled. And before I could even get a picture, it was more than half way gone. Sooooo good! Better than good, it was amazing!!!!

I can not bake bread, it never turns out, it's always a rock!
I have tried tons of recipes. I even have a bread machine. The same results... rock like substance.

I have almost given up, but this bread gives me a glimmer of hope to try one more time. I begged for the recipe even before I tasted it, it was just so beautiful. I hope I can do it the same justice and learn to make it. I have to have this again. I am already dreaming about it and it's only been a little over 24 hours. It was really that good.

How will I be able to say thank you? She may never really know.
She has a brand new home, and hasn't hung pictures or curtains yet, it was something her Mom always came and did with her. I can relate, my Mom is the one who hangs the pictures in my home too. She doesn't have her Mom here anymore, so maybe that will be something I can do with her... maybe we can make an afternoon of it with her daughters and learn to do the picture thing on our own. (Sorry Mom, I am not firing you, but I don't want to be left not being able to do it for myself one day, we have to nurture this art of making our homes feel homey and pass it down to our children). Our homes are our temples too.

I love growing friendships, especially when they include bread!
Thanks Alison... your amazing!

2 comments:

Lindsey said...

I LOVE homemade bread... it is was one of my fav. things. Mine is always rock hard too. I want that recipe if it turns out!

Rachel Ann said...

Beth, I cannot tell you what your blog means to me. Thank you, Thank you, Thank you. You are such an amazing person and example to me and I am so blessed to have you as a part of mine and my family's life. Beth, I am overwhelmed by your kindness and love. I know that my mom would love your help with the house. She has been so frustrated without having it done and I think you are an answer to prayer. I want to be there to help her but I just can't be. Would you please? I wouldn't be able to thank you enough. Lots of love and the biggest hugs!

Related Posts with Thumbnails