Search This Blog

Wednesday, February 4, 2009

Please feed the bears/missionaries…

One of my most favorite things is feeding the missionaries.
(I want a sign that says Please Feed the Missionaries, to put out when they come over!)

It's just great to have them in our home, and feel of the spirit they bring with them. It is a great example to have around my teenager!

And because they come from all over, from all different parts of the world, in all walks, shapes and sizes, it's just neat to get to know them and have personal time with them.

The missionaries serving in our ward now, are from Atlanta and Canada (so we talked about everything from boiled peanuts to hockey).

Even though it was their personal day, they still had an appointment after dinner so we didn't get any extra time with them to play games :( These missionaries just keep getting busier and busier... not much extra time off, I guess the Lords work must go on. They are so wonderful to be so diligent at it! I am grateful for the missionaries and the way in which they live their lives to be worthy, and to follow the inspirations from the Lord. I cherished the time that we did have with them, and sent them on their way.
I am so mad I didn't think to get pictures, the missionary from Canada is 6'8", so Jacob wants to be that tall when he grows up now (it's always good to have a goal huh!)
I did remember to get them to sign our guest book.
(last signatures in it were September 08... I am so forgetful... and it's right by the door!!!!)

And the pups were exhausted when they left... I love all the the half mast sleepy eyes, they just crack me up!

3 comments:

patsy said...

Oh how I WOULD LOVE to feed the missionaries- it's hard to get them around here... so many members. Anyhow- at Christmas when we talked to Brian he told us about the food there- he says he eats tons & tons of avacado, not guacamole, just plaie avacado. he said he liked it at first... but it's getting old. he says they eat them with everything & they pour olive oil on them first. He said they eat olive oil on everything & the lady who makes lunch for him makes this soup that the missionaries call "grease soup" because it's all olive oil-
interesting huh?!

I bet the missionaries LOVED you guys!!

Beth said...

How cool for the missionaries to experience the food culture 1st hand. Grease soup though? That will put on the pounds pretty quickly huh? Too funny!!

I wonder what weird food culture we have around here that makes it into their letters home? I guess I should start making potatoes when they come over! I don't suppose we are being very a good "Idahoan" example with enchiladas, spaghetti, or korean chicken... hmmmm....

M said...

Good memories of eating dinner with you guys. You cooked so wonderful.. I wonder if my signiture from Jan-March of 2006 is in there you should check and see. Man I love and miss you guys. Thanks for loving us missionaries, we needed it too

Related Posts with Thumbnails