Search This Blog

Sunday, February 8, 2009

Temples bring peace...

Sunday, the theme of the day seemed to be about temples and temple marriages. The Primary President spoke about Temple marriages in our sacrament meeting. She is a single mom, and even mentioned she had questioned why she might be given this topic to speak on. They couldn't have picked a more perfect speaker, she gave an amazing talk... I was crying my eyes out and was so touched by the spirit. I was so touched by her testimony of temple marriages as she encouraged everyone to hold them in the highest respect and treasure them.
.
Then in our relief society meeting, the teacher was a lady who had been recently re-activated and finally made her way back to the Temple, and has been every week since Dec 23rd. She set a goal and has been able to focus and keep that goal to attend, even working a full time job; what a wonderful example. She mentioned that she has faith that by being a good example and doing what she knows is right and living so that she is worthy to attend the temple, her inactive kids will one day come back to church.

I thought about the time when I was a single Mom and I had so many questions about what was right, and if I was strong enough or had enough faith to make the commitments necessary to attend the temple. I was so afraid of failing! I didn't want to let anyone down, especially my Father in Heaven.
.
I have been so blessed, and had so many tender mercies afforded to me. I fall down allot, but I have learned so many principles to pull myself back up again. I feel like I am not afraid to fail anymore, that I can do anything with God. I am so grateful for the Temple, and to have my family be sealed forever together. It is a great comfort and peace in my life. I am so grateful for peace in my heart during times in an ever growing tumultuous world. This peace helps me to know, I am not failing, HE won't let me fail. I am sooo grateful for this peace.
.
I will cherish peace today.

1 comment:

she'sonlyhappyinthesun said...

Thanks for sharing... that post was a much needed reminder to me today... thank you:)

Related Posts with Thumbnails