Search This Blog

Friday, February 13, 2009

Taylors trip to town...

Yesterday afternoon, My strong silent mysterious man had to go get a part for a motor at work the next day, so he came by the house to see if I wanted to ride over with him.
He was going to one of the few stores in town that let you bring your dog, and Taylor hasn't been out much this winter to practice her obedience training in distracting environments. So "we" (I) thought it would be a great idea to take her with us.

So here is Taylors trip to town.... she was so excited!

One of my favorite stores in town... and they love having the dogs come, they even have treats at the front counter for them.

My strong silent mysterious man was concerned... you can see it in his eyes.
So she just had to do well, or it might be her last trip to town or anywhere for a while.

She doesn't need it much anymore, but we threw the leash on for safety, and for others to think we actually had control of her (very scary to see a dog off a leash, when they are not yours).


But since Taylor started off as a puppy ripping my arm out of the socket, and we can walk with her healing by our side without one... it's pretty exciting and fun to show her off!



She did so good! Stayed right with Dad as he looked and searched for his part.

Only a few times distracted, like when he went down the dog food isle... she wanted to pick out her own bag.

But mostly, she stayed when he said stay... we tested her allot this trip.

And she was even really really good when he got distracted and wasn't paying attention. Which is really the ultimate goal, to have them pay attention to you instead of you having to watch them all the time.

It was a fun trip to town for all of us.

I love dogs so much! I love obedient dogs even more, and I think they are happier dogs too!! Someday I think I want to volunteer at the animal shelter or have a job that I keep dogs when their owners go on vacation or have a daycare for dogs that are too nervous to stay home alone during the work week by themselves, or get too lonely... someday, maybe.

4 comments:

she'sonlyhappyinthesun said...

That is so nice of them to have treats... I am glad she did so well!

Lula said...

I wish you could take your dogs out more. It is nice to show them off some times. She is a pretty dog.

Anonymous said...

I will have to add that to my things I can do list. Working on the list now.

Anonymous said...

I am so thrilled my Grandog is doing so well. I am so proud of her. Nene

Related Posts with Thumbnails