Search This Blog

Thursday, February 12, 2009

Skiff of snow...

Yesterday we got another skiff of snow.
I am not sure what is happening to my days lately,
but I don't feel like I am accomplishing anything, the house is filthy, the chores are backing up, I am barely taking care of the basic needs;
but I am also dabbling in almost everything... from my sons homework to my husbands basketball plays, to reading state payroll rules and regs books online, to studying a spiritual thought more deeply, looking at old photos, and dreaming as I surf the Internet for information but get sidetracked by something that peaks yet another interest, going through files;
I am all over the place mentally... trying to stay focused on the important things, but not getting it done. Barely functioning, and feeling guilty because I am not on top of all the things that I want to be important to me.
Yesterdays snow helped me remember not to be too hard on myself.
When I am in that mode, wanting to do everything, but getting nothing done, because I am losing focus so easily... I get tense, and everything annoys me!
She didn't even care that the Frisbee got broken, I freaked out and got mad that she was being too rough and not taking care of her toys, and she kept running and playing with it. What in the world was I getting mad about? When I am tensed up and really just missing life...
There is Taylor, out there reminding me to...
breathe,
smile,
kick up my heals a couple times a day,
run,
be playful,
laugh,
don't take things too seriously,
have fun,
live life,
don't freak out if the toy gets broken,
relax and renew!

I am so glad I can learn really good life lessons from my dogs.
Sometimes, I just really need them, more than they need me.
Thanks Taylor, I will try and cherish the moments in the snow with the
broken Frisbee playing with you more often; and cry over spilt milk, and feel sorry for myself way less often.

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails