Search This Blog

Saturday, February 21, 2009

I "heart" Archery...

What a fun day! We went to an archery shoot. It was just a fun, marked yardage shoot, no hiking or walking, all the targets are in a row and everyone shoots and rotates in each lane until you have made the round to all 30 targets. It's a good warm up shoot for us to start the season.



The teenager still wasn't feeling great, he has been sick and got better enough to go play golf on Friday and then said he was too sore to go with us to the archery shoot. So we left him behind, and then he called a few hours later and had some miraculous recovery and was going golfing. Wait? What? I have the sneaking suspicion we are beginning to be ditched! It's okay, he would have probably drank all our soda and eaten all the sandwiches we packed for lunch anyway.We met some friends of our family and shot on the same lane with them.
We killed a few beasts! (this was a good grouping of arrows for 6 people)
The sun was shining, a perfect day to be outside!
I really had so much fun! We didn't shoot much last year and I have really missed it.
I look forward to it, and it motivates me to get in better shape so I can hike the courses (most of them are in the mountains and you have to hike up and down hills to go from target to target... great work out for me).
Them my strong silent mysterious man finally started to get his shots honed in (after missing two targets completely... ah hem... I didn't miss any today... yipee!!!) he thought it would be fun to start competing against me.

He is so competitive! (nice shot sweetie)

But this girls got focus too!
I can match that kill!

It was all just friendly competition, he still ended up beating me 241 to 234 with 330 total possible. It was such a fun day! I have to say I missed the teenager being with us, it is always such an awesome family sport to do together.
But a good time was had by all!

2 comments:

She Loves To Make said...

Archery sounds like so much fun!!!

Johnna said...

That does sound fun. Maybe Clyde and I should try that one.

Related Posts with Thumbnails