Search This Blog

Wednesday, February 18, 2009

I should be on top of the world...

I should be on top of the world... really, I should be!!!
.
I am so blessed, and I am so thankful for all of the blessings I have been given.
I am!!!
.
But I am just not on top of my game the past few days.
I don't know if it is winter blues, or just laziness, or burnt out (not sure what I would be burnt out from).
.
But I am so not motivated!!
I always refer to it as falling in a hole.
I really hate being in the hole. I try to pretend I don't know how I got down here, but I think I really do know. I have learned that nobody can throw down a rope or send down a ladder; but that I have to find my own way out of the hole.
.
About 8 years ago I was going through some really hard times. I had just joined the LDS church, and I was being faced with many struggles and trials that were tearing at my family. Everything I tried to make things better, just wasn't working. I just kept doing the same things over and over, and the results were always the same.
.
I was told this story, and I have never forgotten it.
--------------------------------------
One day a lady was walking down the street, she falls in a hole. She doesn't know how she got there, or how she will get out. Eventually she finds her way out.
.
The next day the lady is walking down the street, she falls in a hole. She remembers this hole, but still doesn't know how she got down here, or how she will ever get out. Eventually she finds her way out.
.
The next day the lady is walking down the street, she falls in a hole. She realized how she got down there, but doesn't know how she will ever get out. Eventually she finds her way out.
.
The next day the lady is walking down the street, she falls in a hole. She knows how she got down there this time, but doesn't know how she will ever get out. Eventually she finds her way out.
.
The next day the lady is walking down the street, she falls in a hole. She knows exactly how she got there. And knows just how to get out this time.
.
The next day the lady walks down a different street!
-----------------------------------------------------
My brother used to tease me, that I was hard headed and was down in the hole decorating and putting up curtains!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I know the name of that street and somehow I find myself down there without realizing I am driving that way. I really wish there were road blocks or signs i.e. "Danger". You constantly remind me that getting out starts within. I have a list of things I do that help me get there. On the top of my list is readying the list you gave me long ago reminding me of my strengths. Helping others, music, reading, going with friends, brisk walk, movie that makes me laugh, etc. But it doesn't include staying in bed, staying home alone, driving by myself, shopping by myself, no be myself. So know my agenda is to start with what doesn't work and go from there. You are my inspiration! See you at the top!

Related Posts with Thumbnails