Search This Blog

Thursday, February 19, 2009

What world record can you break while you are sick?

The teenager has been sick with a horrible cough for the past 5 days. When he wasn't getting any better, I finally took him in to the Doc... and while we were waiting, he looks over at me and says "Mom, can you die from tuberculosis"? I thought he was joking when I looked up and saw the seriousness in his eyes. I guess I shouldn't have been teasing him so bad all week and nicknaming him tuberculosis... ooops. Well he was coughing all over me and everything he touched! YUK!
.
So once we got home and he found out he didn't have tuberculosis, boredom had finally set in! And this is what he was doing with his spare time (This and trying to breath, yuk... bronchitis stinks).
Trying to beat the Guinness Book of world records for the most golf balls held in one hand. You have to hold all of them for like 10 seconds or something and take them out one at a time without them all falling, and count them out one at a time.
.
He had been practicing for hours trying to beat 18... when his Dad came home from work and did 19 on his first few tries. (I have it on video, but it took way too long to download and it's kind of boring to watch)
.
Then finally, the teenager mastered 20! Only to find out the record is really 22! Good lesson in getting the facts right... not necessarily a strong hold for the teenager since he is sure he knows it ALL!

1 comment:

M said...

Hopefully he can get better and his Bronchitis will go away. My Manager at my work is sick with bronchitis and has been home the past few days.

Related Posts with Thumbnails