Search This Blog

Thursday, January 1, 2009

New Years Eve Festivities...

As usual we had no plans for New Years Eve, except to be in bed early.
There was an Elders Quorum party, but we had decided not to attend.
The teenager was going to the Stake Youth New Years Eve Dance.
But earlier in the day, after talking to my sister and hearing about the special dinner she had planned for her husband. I thought, a special dinner, I could at least come up with that to bring in the New Year.
So after much pondering, I remembered the teenager and I used to love fondue... so we planned an entire meal around it.
I should have known that would be way too funky for my Strong Silent Mysterious Man... but he was kind of a good sport and ate some bread and a couple of meatballs dipped in the cheese. He wouldn't even try the chocolate though.
Oh well, more for us!

Then the teenager got ready and was off to the Stake Dance.
One of these days, he will be sorry for all the crummy pictures he leaves me with.
You can't tell from the scowl on his face, but he looked really handsome in his BYU tie. It was an entire ordeal, because normally our Stake dances are casual dress, and this one was being put on by other Stake and required church dress. Having a calling in the Stake I totally understood this request of the kids... but it was an all out fight at our house anyway.
.
He finally came around and agreed to be obedient to the rules... it would have been very undesirable for me to have him get his way and try and sneak in past our Stake President like he thought he was going to try. So I was extremely pleased he finally came around and was complient... and I hate to say I told you so, but he wasn't the ONLY ONE at the dance who had to wear a tie. They required it of everyone, just like I told him. One of these days I wish we could just get there without all the lip.
Life just isn't lived until you live it with a teenager in your home.

The biggest partying going on at our house was Morgan with her new toy.
None of the other dogs, really love the stuffed toys, but Morgan adores them...
I found a basket of them at Walmart for .50 each after Christmas...
So she stayed up waiting for the teenager to get home and brought in the New Year, playing with her new toy by the front door for hours!

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails