Search This Blog

Sunday, December 28, 2008

Christmas 2008 Highlights...

Because I was so busy cherishing the moments this past week in Seattle with my family... I didn't take the time to journal it each day. So this is a summary from my photos... of some of the highlights!
The best of my time was with my family...
And getting to see friends...
A family favorite lunch out...

Seeing my brother with both his boys...
Babies... (this is Ella, my brothers great niece... 3 months and trying to walk!)

More Babies... (my sister with her grand daughter; my great niece Brooklynn)
And more Babies... (my brothers grand daughter; my great niece, Lillian) Mom speaking her new made up language to Brooklynn... it was so funny, I think she liked that she could understand every word!
Playing with the babies...

A weird realization there may be more babies in my future, someday...

Finally getting control of the flicker, and getting to watch Kung Fu Panda...

Shopping with my Mom for my Dad. Out with the old...

In with the new...

Shopping for my Dad's gift to my Mom...

Who's bright idea was it to try and find a bird bath in the middle of the winter...
The crazy shopping trip to downtown Seattle...
Believe it or not, this was NOT my idea!

In the blizzard...

The famous traditional Bon Star...
The lights downtown were beautiful!

The scary buildings that made my Strong Silent Mysterious Man cringe and claustrophobic... Niketown (were we just HAD to go) was the biggest dissapointment ever! There were so many people downtown you couldn't even stop and look down at your feet, or you would be run over.
It was seriously the fastest trip in and out of downtown I have ever made!

Playing Wii Fit!!!

More baby pictures...

Family feasts...

New toys on Christmas day!
Discovering the boxes are just as fun as the new toys!

The silly string fight...

Its all fun...

And then the boys get a little competitive...

And it's always the innocent by standers that get hurt...

But luckily her Dad stepped in and taught her how to get even...
The traditional cousin picture... we have a few of these over the years, but couldn't remember who was see no evil, speak no evil and hear no evil.
Gotta find those original copies and see how we did!
Then the trip home... Snoqualmie Summit!

Great memories of where I learned to ski 36 years ago!
I have not marked this off my list just yet... I am getting back on the slopes again!!!
I promised myself; and seeing this gets me all excited all over again!!!
And the teenager and animals all packed up in the back of the car, loaded down with movies, treats and snacks... no need to even stop.
Except we did make one quick stop and see our sister and her family in Richland, and I forgot to get any pictures! Drat!!!
It was a great week!
A good time was had by all!

4 comments:

patsy said...

I have loved reading about this trip! The pictures & the babies are so great. and lunch at mexico lindo- I am jealous in such a bad way. Nike town? wow- downtown is so much bigger than it used to be. I used to love to be there & always wanted to live there growing up...
the pictures of the pass are so pretty. I just can't believe all the snow in town!? what a year!

I am glad you made it home safe & sound- love to you all-
pj

Johnna said...

It was great to see all the fun pictures. It looks like a great time was had by all. I too am glad that you made it home safe and sound and that we got to visit for a few minutes.

Love you all.....

Lindsey said...

Sounds like a fun trip... there is nothing like going home!

Anonymous said...

What a terrific job you did with sharing Christmas in Seattle. I wondered how you would get it all in and voila! you did it!!! Can't tell you how much it meant to Papa Cliff and I for you to share this time with us. Jim, Jacob and you gave so much to be with us..we really appreciate it....Morgan, Taylor and Rudy just made everything great and are truly missed!

Related Posts with Thumbnails