Search This Blog

Friday, January 9, 2009

Did you think to pray...

In all of my hustle, trying to get organized, staying on top of "my world" I haven't forgotten the important things this time... my spiritual self!

.
Sometimes I get on a high, thinking I am on top of the world, but forget why I am there, and who allowed me to be there, and I come crashing down.

.
I have worked much harder and made goals to read and study my scriptures and to remember to Pray. No matter how good I think I am doing... I found there is always room to improve and grow spiritually.
.
One of my neighbors gave us this prayer rock for Christmas. He has had an incredible year... passed out, rushed to the hospital, they found a brain tumor the size of a plum, gave him less than 9 months to live in March. He has fought his way back through bad reactions to the chemo treatments, a blood clot that traveled to his kidney, and took his last radiation treatment in May. At which he took a reprieve from the constant doctor visits and went to the Oregon coast to spend some quality time with his wife along the beach.
On his birthday Dec 11th he reported to still be cancer free for 9 very special months.
Basically, you put the rock on your pillow when you get out of bed in the morning, and before you lay your head down to sleep that night, you conk your head on your prayer rock and it reminds you to pray, you then move your prayer rock to the floor, and when you awake and stub your toe on your prayer rock, it is to remind you to pray.

I keep mine wrapped in the fabric with the card, because I think it is so pretty, but I have unwrapped it on occasion... it is the most beautiful rock, probably one they carefully and especially picked out from the Oregon coast, just for us. I love rocks, and this one has such a wonderful story to tell.

.

Prayer offers me comfort and peace in my life. I have had many prayers answered. I have been humbled by prayers. I never want to forget why I have so many blessings in my life, and that those blessings, everyone is offered from God.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Thank you Beth! I needed that!
Melody

Related Posts with Thumbnails