Search This Blog

Thursday, January 8, 2009

Actions speak louder than words...

One of the things I feel really important about is putting family first. And yet, so often my actions don't reflect what I treasure the most. This year it is my goal to work on that. I want my actions to be right in line with what is most important to me. My actions should be showing who I am. Cherish family, cherish who I am.


This week after several communications with my family in Seattle and "my boys", over my Mom's upcoming surgery next Wednesday... I am planning a trip back to Seattle.

She will not be able to lift anything for two weeks, and with my Dad's current troubles with his diabetes and falling (oh my dear), I need to be there to help them through this time.


So in order to leave my responsibilities and still have a sane mind. I HAVE to get things in order.

My strong silent mysterious man has called me twice today already to give me support to go be with my family, and assures me he and the teenager will be just fine, maybe they eat out and have a little more junk food when I am gone, but they will survive. So that is huge to have his unconditional support. I think spending time with family over Christmas helped him to be more compassionate. He likes to stay home and not travel much, and I hope this trip bonded him to the idea that sometimes you have to sacrifice to have what is most important to you.
(It gives me great hope for his upcoming family reunion in June!!!)

So this morning.... instead of working on my to lists at my own pace, cherishing my hot cocoa.



(this is what my strong silent mysterious man thinks I do all day long... this or sleep, ya right!!!)

I put on my super mom shirt and got busy.

(I really think I want a super mom shirt... my goal is to live up to it in 2009)

I feel so productive today before 10am I have...

Swept and mopped the kitchen and entry floors.
Vacuumed the main areas
Pulled all the dirty clothes out of the crevices where they get tucked (a teenagers specialty... cherish, cherish, cherish... he has nice clothes to wear, and is home so I can keep them clean for him)
Got all the garbage out to the curb for pick up
Dishes done, kitchen clean, sink is shiny
Laundry going
Labeled all my freezer meals for a swap tonight
Found the non-christmas decor and it put back out in the dining and living room
Put away all the Christmas boxes that were staged to be packed away
cleaned all the dog dishes
swish and swiped the bathrooms
found the top of my desk
finished getting my church callings responsibilities ready to temp. pass off (this one is hard for me, but my husband reminds and assures me they can cover until I get back)
got all the mail ready to go out
got the seasonal clothes bins out of my bedroom and back in the garage until the next season.
showered, shampoo'd and shining... ready to get all my companies year end work done, so I can be in Seattle next week.

Now I just have to eat all those veggies I bought yesterday between now and next Wed... because there is no hope my boys will fix and eat them while I am gone.

I am cherishing all this energy and motivation!!!
It's going to be a good day!

5 comments:

Lindsey said...

WOW... what a busy girl you are! I think it is great Jim is so supportive of you being with your parents when they need you most. What a great husband.

Beth said...

He is being so great, it's making me cry! He said he had dinner gift cards to take me out to dinner, which night would be most helpful before I go? Bahhha Ahhhahhhh!

Unknown said...

You are a fly lady! Way to go. Thanks for the inspiration!
I'll be praying all go's well with the surgery.
Melody

Beth said...

I trained to be a FLY lady, and I am still a wanna be! Just not very consistant with it :o

PaD said...

I hope everything goes well and the surgery is a great success. I'm glad Jim is being so supportative. He really likes being at home. He wasn't always that way. I'm proud of him. And I'm proud of you also. Love Mom D

Related Posts with Thumbnails