Search This Blog

Thursday, January 8, 2009

A bottle of sunshine...

I have had such a good day today... I need to bottle up all the great feelings I have, and save some of them for those times when I fall in "the hole" and can't seem to get out, I could open it up and be all uplifted. I sooooo wish it worked that way.
.
I am not really sure what made it such a good day for me, maybe it really wasn't one big thing, but rather a bunch of little things.
.
Getting things put away and in order at home, and somewhat clean... that is always a good feeling of accomplishment. I am such a procrastinator, it's ridiculous! You would think, when it feels this good... I would keep it up... but I am stubborn too! What a double edged sword.
.
The puppies were behaving... not that they are ever really bad dogs, but they can be very very needy some days. Today they were a little, but they were sooooo patient!
I have freezer meals put away, a really good peace of mind for when I am gone knowing my boys will have some home cooked meals (if they will put them in the oven). Note to self, get self photo with freezer group gals... some months are harder than others, but this month my meal just came together and I actually liked what I made (sometimes I don't like my own cooking... it's still a work in progress, and my freezer group has been so patient... thanks ladies!). I am not a good experimenter, I tend to have more flops than successes, but I love trying out new recipes.
.
I am moving forward on my year end closings for the business I do work for... such a blessing to have the work, and the extra little income to supplement, but I always feel stress balancing it between home and family.
.
I finished two different newsletter issues; both were kind of self inflicted... I started them up for better communication in the organizations, but allot of work to keep them going each month. I love the design and layout, but dread gathering the information and the deadlines. I am trying to cherish what I love about them, so the things I dread don't cause me to procrastinate. But this too is a challenge for me. So relieved they are done for another 3 weeks, I can breathe!
.
A great day topped off with dinner with my family. I am so grateful for my eternal companion. He really balances me!

He keeps me grounded, and is so level headed and sensible.

I wish I could put him in a bottle today and save all his good qualities for those days when our moons are "out of alignment".

1 comment:

Johnna said...

I love that "moons out of alignment." I will have to remember that one...

Related Posts with Thumbnails