Search This Blog

Tuesday, January 6, 2009

Happy Birthday ~ Ralph!

HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!!
.
Today is my brothers birthday.
He really knows how to have fun!!!
He is the one who invented the "birthday, holiday, week, extravaganza"!!!
Where you get to celebrate your birthday for the entire week, you know asking for special service, and favors, and getting to do what you want all week.
I heard rumors that he might be updating the "week" to be "month"... but I am not sure that will go over well with those closest to him.
We will see.
.
This past year, my brother was a grandpa again... also known tenderly as "Poppy".
I think that was self appointed... I hate to tell him, sometimes they call you what they want, no matter what you want... but I bet Poppy will be an easy one to pronounce, so it will probably stick... and so fitting!!!!!

He has two great boys, who I think, were blessed to receive the best parts of him.... the big giving heart, and a witty sense of humor.

While we were together at Christmas time, I heard him say, the only thing he has to do EVERYDAY is tell his wife how much he loves her, and give her hugs!
It was so sweet, he has the best wifey, and I am so happy he loves her as much as I do! It brought tears to my eyes, and I couldn't look at him the same way the rest of the trip. Very cool for a guy!
I love him so much, and miss living near him.
He is such an example of how to grow from your trials, not take life too seriously, cherish each moment, love what you do, and do what you love!
.
Happy Birthday to my brother!!!

6 comments:

Lindsey said...

Sounds like a great brother. Happy Birthday!

Anonymous said...

Beth, an accurate and beautiful tribute to your brother! How blessed we are that he is a part of us! Happy Birthday, Ralph!!

Anonymous said...

okay... how much did he pay you to write that... just kiddin' Happy Birthday to him toooooo

Beth said...

Yea - I guess I could have put conniving and cleaver in there too, it wouldn't be too far from the mark... but he didn't pay me to write it. he he he

patsy said...

BEAUTIFUL POST!

patsy said...

i MEANT TOsay happy birthday next but clicked the wrong button..

Related Posts with Thumbnails