Search This Blog

Monday, January 5, 2009

Last day of vacation and back to School and routine...

Yesterday was a beautiful Sunday, cold but mostly sunny.
A new schedule, the 1pm meeting... which I had already evaluated and discovered, I never like change, it's either too early, too late, or breaks up the whole day... but I know we ALWAYS adapt and end up finding something we really like about every schedule.
So I made the decision I wouldn't complain or murmur about the new schedule, and just wait to find all those good things about it quicker!
.
But then when we got to church, NO BODY was happy about the meeting time and most were very willing to voice an opinion about it. I just tried to be quiet and not waver from my attempts to embrace it early in the game... this too shall pass.
.
We had an opportunity to fast for our Relief Society President who had a stroke hours after her youngest sons wedding in Sacramento CA the week before Christmas. She has been so much on my mind and I loved hearing all the sweet prayers for her during our meetings.
.
I went over so much church business, getting my schedule and lists and talks organized, this time of year is super busy for me going to Ward Conferences and attending (and teaching) lessons for the youth in the Stake. It is fun and exciting, but totally different, and I have to pay close attention and take good notes for myself so that while I am traveling I take away from the meetings what I need for my calling, as well as what I need to build up myself, and to teach my family as well... so I struggle for balance this time of year.
.
Later in the evening I had felt a pulled muscle in my back and by 7pm I was hurting so badly, I was just hoping to be able to walk the next morning. I have no idea what, where, when or how I did it.... but it was bad.
.
I tossed for hours and at 2am was thrust from my bed hearing a sick dog in the other room! That is the worst way to wake up anyway, but with a pulled back muscle it's even more dreadful.
By 2:10am everyone in the house was up to see what the commotion was all about.
We had gone to get dog food on Saturday only to discover our regular brand which we had spent years finding that would be low on the poop scooping, good for the dogs, filling but also affordable.... was bought out by another company and discontinued. Not all dog foods are created equal and finding the right one is a huge process, and yes it matters, ALLOT! Apparently there is a huge political game in the dog food industry too... ugggg!
So in changing dog foods we discovered the hard way, the one we chose doesn't agree with one of them... luckily the other two were fine. Not that it really helped at 2am, but I am sure around noon the next day I will be appreciative it was only one of them.
.
When the alarm went off at 5:30am, I tried to roll over, only to have one of the dogs whimpering to go back outside... so I flung my legs back out of bed, this was an opportunity not to miss... as I had discovered at 2am... and as I tried to clear my eyes and see what was on our sliding glass door, I opened it to have snow blowing in on my bare feet.
.
Now I was awake, I only thought I would be crawling back in bed! NOT!!
.
The good news was my back was fine, not any more pain... it must have been a pinched nerve or something.
.

How could we get THIS MUCH SNOW in only a few hours?

After daylight I realized it was mostly drifted snow, but we still waiting for the announcement of at least a delay from the school! At the last minute, with no announcement, my strong silent mysterious man took the teenager to school and headed off to work.
.

They don't expect much, but at 8:45am it's still snowing.

.

So I will get back on my regular routine as planned. It's so distracting for me to try and work inside when it's snowing outside. I love the snow!

.

It will be gone before Wednesday as the temps are getting warm again, so for now

Let it Snow! Let it Snow! Let it Snow!

6 comments:

patsy said...

I have to admit I hate 1:00 church, but with teenagers... it's better than 9:00 (in my opinion)

wow- what a rough night!

all the dog food issues... I knew some but not all of that info. very interesting & now I am wondering if I am feeding my two the right food? they seem okay with it. Is it okay to give them scrambled eggs at least once a week? We do that too.

The snow? wow that is a lot!!!
I love it too. I don't know why but it makes me feel all cozy to be inside when there is snow outside. In all the years we have lived here there has never even once been a delayed or canceled day of school- I hear it has to be 40 below or 4 feet over night. so i guess we just keep on goin'!

patsy said...

ps. my kids were at the taping of the lds brand new year. A couple of haileys friends are soloists. we feel totally ripped off because they had the camera on Chloe a ton then edited it out! darn it-

Beth said...

I think scrambled eggs are fine... I have read NO grapes, popcorn, or chocolate of course... really bad for them.

I am not a nutritionist, we have just learned in our time living with bigger dogs that the more we know and care about what is in their dog food, the better it has been for them. And when we learned we could have less poop in the backyard!! We were very conciencous then!!! That was a bonus! Some foods just have so many fillers that go right through them, they don't get any nutrition from it.

So cool your kids were there! And the talent is amazing!!!
Sorry for Chloe, but she will always remember it anyway. It was a little High School Musical for me in parts... which was weird for the LDS Church, but other parts were very standard. I am glad the church is wanting to do things especially for the kids today... good move. I loved it!

Anonymous said...

I made a picture of the snow we were getting last night but I don't think it will mean much after seeing yours.

Your mood is Content... mark the calendar.. just kiddin... I'm your sis, I can say this

Beth said...

Very funny Sis! Hey, I am content most of the time... when my eye is not twitching!

Yes, we got dumped on even more today... it wasn't that deep everywhere, just around all the doors leading in or out of MY house for the dogs to track in all day!

Hugs Sis!

Unknown said...

I'm glad your back is alright, and hope your dog gets feeling better also. Can you believe our snow!
Melody

Related Posts with Thumbnails