Search This Blog

Friday, November 21, 2008

Stretch Armstrong...

Remember "Stretch Armstrong"? I do... I think my brother had one of these!
Now, I have one... he is known as "the teenager"... like stretch, he is growing a hundred miles every night!!! It is making me a crazy woman!
Good thing he likes being tall, it isn't bothering him as much as it is me!
I love tall, but good grief, if I hear "it doesn't fit" one more time.... Eeeeek!
It is really playing havoc on the pocket book, keeping him in clothes... but much much more hard on my emotions is shopping for new ones with him.
He knows what he wants and only wants what he loves! That's it, no compromising!
AT ALL!!! EVER!!!!
So last night I took him shopping for jeans that will be long enough... not an easy task even if he wasn't so picky, because now he is in a weird odd size that no one carries.
He tried on piles...
And piles of them...
Once we found the perfect size, they were either too dark, too light, too much fading not enough fading, touching him too much, not flowing right, too solid, not solid enough... I am not kidding it is this crazy!!!
Worse than Goldilocks!!!
But we made it through without killing each other... and found one pair that I kind of had to talk him into.
See his Dad wears Levi's... it's all he will wear, their classic, durable, comfortable and they fit right. So you find something good and you stick with it.
Well the teenager will not be caught dead in the same jeans as his Dad... nooooo, that would be too easy for me.
But I did finally talk him into just trying on a pair and they fit him just right.
They weren't the perfect color, but since nothing else was coming close, he settled.
I wasn't sure he would wear them today... I have been known to talk him into something and it hangs in the closet with the tags on never worn... but he did, and I think once he gets over his mental thing about wearing the same brands as Dad... he might just find it cool to be able to borrow his clothes. And we might be able to get Dad to wear something hip other than just jeans and a t-shirt, okay maybe that is pushing it.
Don't do that! I want a picture of the new jeans to show Aunt Lynn and Nene, I did it! On my own, without having to have an intervention this time!
Okay, that's as good as I can get, he is tired of the photos and doesn't want a bunch of pictures of his backside on my blog. What? I wouldn't do that!
Oh well, I good time was had by all!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

They say that all things come round so you are due. Mother wrote this same blog about you in 1970. Then I would come take you shopping and all is well. I knew you could do it. However.... Jerad grew the tallest in college. He started 6' and ended 6'3". If you look at his high school picture you would never guess this would be how he would turn out. Can't wait to see how great Jacob will look. Hard to imagine it can get much better! Love ya.

PaD said...

Good photo Beth. Jacob, you look good in those Levi's. I like the yellow shirt too. How tall is he now? Mom D

M said...

It's hard to find jeans for me too.

Related Posts with Thumbnails