Search This Blog

Wednesday, November 19, 2008

Slurpee Sadness...

Yesterday was a very sad day in our family... we found out all of the 7 11's in Idaho were bought out by Jackson!
No more 7 11's which means no more Slurpee's!


Anyone who knows me well knows I am the Queen of Slurpee's and have been since Jr. High school. One of the most exciting times in my life was when I got my license and could go get my own Slurpee's instead of having to talk my parents into pulling in as we passed by. I can spot a 7 11 from a hundred miles away!

And I have passed the love of Slurpee's onto my son. He loves them as much or more than me.... lucky for him talking me into pulling in to get one, is pretty easy. But when he got his license, one of the 1st trips he made was to 7 11 for a Slurpee. I had to giggle, as we try and teach him not to spend his money frivolously... it is a matter of opinion of what is frivolous I guess. My husband and I are on different planets when it comes to Slurpee's.

They will officially be gone by Dec 15th... so the next 30 days will not be good for my waistline as we try and let go and say goodbye to our Slurpee's and wean ourselves from one of life's simple pleasures.

4 comments:

patsy said...

WHAT NO slurpees?!!

It's time to move- somethings just cannot be tolerated

Anonymous said...

I knew I could find something to make you come home more often... now I just need to find something equally enticing for Jim...other than to see me

M said...

That Stinks here in Arizona I am aware 7/11 is still running and yes I do love slurpees. My last area in my mission in Boise the 7/11 let us have a free slurpee everyday and so we did in the summer. I say you should buy a slurpee rights and start a slurpee shack or something like that. That is just too bad to hear no more slurpees in Idaho :(

Anonymous said...

Bannanna Slurpees are a reason to move back to Washington!!

Related Posts with Thumbnails