Search This Blog

Saturday, November 22, 2008

The boys go camping...

The scouts had planned a campout this weekend... so I went to gas up the vehicle and take just one item off of my strong silent mysterious mans list before they headed out... and found our gas prices are finally under $2! I think we are the last in the country... but at least we finally made it. I will reserve my YIPEE! until they get down to $1.50.

When I arrived the men were getting everything tied down... is that a bbq grill?
Hmmmm... no cooking over the camp fire... are these guys boy scouts?
Hmmmm... they seem to be pretty excited about these air soft guns.
Are these leaders or boys?

As a Mom, I was really beginning to wonder about this boy scout camping trip...
I am beyond a stickler for eye protection... so I got to be the mean Mom and you can see the guilty looks back at me, as they get caught trying out the weapons without any eye protection.
Finally a member of our Bishopric arrived and I made him promise there would be no shooting without eye protection... so now I have some hide to get if anything should happen. Boys! I am not sure they ever really grow up.

Morgan got chosen to go along, mostly to keep my strong silent mysterious man warm at night with her body heat... poor Morgan, feeling used dear?

Bye, have fun, be safe, keep warm, wear your eye protection!

For a worrier, this is so painful... If they ever let me vote on girls getting to go camping with the scouts you know where my vote is... but until then, I swear I am getting so much better at letting go.

1 comment:

M said...

Morgan gets to go and she is a girl. Haha well maybe it's because like you said she is being used. It looks like they had fun! I read the blog too about Jake getting asked to Tip Off That is neat. I am glad you got him out of the house for the girls and guys to do his room with balloons.

Related Posts with Thumbnails